Building scalable PHP applications using Google’s App Engine
At Google I/O 2013 back in June, we announced the addition of a new PHP language runtime for App Engine, and that PHP was joining Python, Java and Go as a supported language. Google App Engine allows you to build web applications on the same scalable systems that power Google applications.
In this talk we’ll take a look at building and running highly scalable PHP applications on the App Engine platform. Here’s some of the topics that we’ll cover:
* Deploying and running popular PHP applications and frameworks on App Engine
* Differences between applications running on App Engine and a typical LAMP stack
* Using asynchronous calls for I/O requests
* Utilising App Engine services such as task queues, memcache, mail and servers.
* Composing applications with Google Cloud Storage and Google Cloud SQL